1. Your article titles should be as clear and concise as possible. Think of the people who will want to look for the article you are writing, and try to use those words in the title. Use popular title formats such as: “Top 10 of ..
.”, “How to ..
.”, “Best …” etc. When you can, try to turn your title into question – the interrogative form gets a lot of attention, and many people use questions in Google searches.2.
Use calls to action in your blog posts for people to share your articles with their followers or fans, and for that to have a better reach.3. If you have a new blog post that you think can make a lot of value, suggest it to popular blogs.
4. Always create good quality content – the more interesting and valuable your blog post is to readers, the more likely you are to have a lot of sharing.5. Write articles on current and relevant issues that may be of interest to your audience.6. Add images, videos, and other media in all your blog posts.
People interact a lot more with visual content, which means you can have lots of sharing and comments. If you use your own pictures, put your name on the pictures.7. Create an infographic and share it on social networks, and send it to your subscribers as well. Make sure your infographic can be shared, as you will reach more people and have more traffic.8. Write guest articles on quality blogs to reach a wider audience and to drive more traffic to your site.9.
Ask interesting bloggers to write an article on your site. They will bring back the audience on your site, and will give a boost.10. Read other blogs and get involved by sharing and commenting on their articles.11. Write controversial blog posts and share them on the networks – these articles generate a lot of interaction and traffic as people are interested in anything that brings controversy, and they bring their opinions by opening the debates.12.
When writing a new blog post, ask those who follow you on social networks if they have anything that you should add in your article. Include their tip in the article and stay in touch with them to warn them of this. It is likely that they can then share with their fans / followers.13. Create interesting presentations that add value to your audience, publish them on Slideshare , and link back to your website. Slideshare is the largest community for sharing presentations, and publishing your own presentations on this site will bring you a new audience.
14. Find out what your audience likes to read, and try to write articles about these topics.15.
Write new content as often as you can, and do a keyword search in advance.16. Register your blog in a directory .17. Add Google+ comments to your blog – on Blogger it’s already included, but on wordpress you need to download the Comments Evolved plugin for WordPress . 18.
Create a list of keywords and keyword groups that you have available for use each time you write new content for your site.19. Create a content strategy so you can always provide new content for your readers and search engines!20. Add your favorite blogs in a blogroll (for example your sidebar) – bloggers will see it and may be doing the same. Multimedia Tools21. Use attractive photos and graphics to draw attention to your articles.22. Create nice Pinterest-friendly graphics with images above to encourage people to “pinner” items.
23. Upload your videos on Youtube and Vimeo – put the link of your site with a descritption.24. Create infographics and make it easy to share.25. Produce podcasts and distribute them on Itunes.26.
Convert some of your content by creating presentations that you can share on SlideShare .27. Host or participate in a webinar .28. Transcribe your videos and webinars for additional content.
Social networks 29. Share your latest blog posts on profiles of your social networks, with a small intro for people to click on your links.30. Do not be afraid to test all kinds of social networks, even those that are not popular.
You will never know which network could help you by bringing you traffic. There is no universal solution. Find where your audience is and create your profile.31. Join the social networks of your niche (if there are any).32. Add links to different pages of your blog in the section about your profile.
For example, in addition to your link to your blog, add a link to the contact page.33. Share your articles in groups or communities on social networks. Be careful not to spammer, and follow the directions of each group, as each of these groups may have their own rules.34. Join relevant groups and follow them regularly on the questions you answered in their past articles, and include a link to the particular blog article for more information.
But remember, you must be helpful, and not a salesman!35. Create your own group where community where people can share their content and ideas, and where you can also put your own content.36. Share blog post images on Pinterest , and add links to blog posts in the description.
Add the Pin it button to wordpress so that your readers can “pinner” the image.37. Share your images on Instagram and add a link.38.
Interact often with other users on social networks, do not just share content. That way, you’ll create relationships, and you’ll have lots of sharing and retweets.39. As soon as you mention in your articles influential people, or service, tool, useful application, contact them via social networks.
They will probably be your blog posts too, and this can reach a wider audience.40. Add social network buttons in all your articles and pages. This should be easy for users to share or tweet if they liked your article.41.
Include links from your site or blog in all profiles on social networks.42. Use hashtags to reach more people.43. Build relationships with influential people in your niche so that they can share your content with their fans and followers.44. Use analytics tools to find which social networks bring you the most traffic, so you can focus all your energy on one particular.45.
Use tools to program your articles , so that when you are not available, your content can be seen by people even when you sleep.46. Find out when most of your audience is online on every social network so you can share more updated articles and engage more during those times.47. When someone shares one of your articles or resources on social networks, be sure to take a moment to thank them. Not only are they helping you to have more traffic, but they might also decide to share other resources with you in the future.48. Organize contests on social networks – they will help you to significantly boost your engagement and your traffic.
49. Promote your upcoming products on social networks. Show pictures of the work in progress, or show the finished product and put a link back to your site to pre-order or order.50. Ask your readers and followers to return to your site and its content. This will help you convert your existing traffic and also develop the traffic. Ads on Social Networks 51. Use social media advertising to promote your account or a specific update if you are looking for quick results.
This will help you to have more fans and followers, and will increase your traffic.52. When using Facebook ads, choose “clicks on the site” as your advertising goal, to get more clicks on your advertising, and therefore more traffic.53. Place your Facebook ad in the news feed to use a larger image and to make sure people see it and interact with it.54. Test different types of ads , and analyze which ones send you the most traffic.
55. When you have a new blog post that proves to be useful and of high quality, tweet it and promote it. In this way you will reach a wider audience, which means more treatment and more commitment.56. Use Tweets Advertisements to promote your Twitter account and increase the number of followers. SEO 57.
Optimize all images on your website, using relevant keywords that your audience would likely use when searching for images. You can use a tool like Smush.it .58. Make sure you have a description for all the images you use on your website.59. Create good quality thumbnails that Google can use next to your video in search results.60.
If you have videos on your website, submit a sitemap video to Google.61. Brainstorm for keywords that you think your audience will use to find your website or blog.
Make a big list, and make groups of keywords.62. Use Google Keyword Planner to see what keywords are used by your audience and to get more keyword ideas for your article titles and content.63. Before writing new content, use Keyword Planner to see what words are used in your article, as well as in your article title.
64. As soon as you publish a new article, if there are references to old articles or old resources that you have, put a link back (internal linking).65. Try to make links to other blog posts. If you bring them a lot of traffic, they might be doing the same by putting a link pointing to your blog.66. Do not just write blog posts. Create other valuable resources, such as ebooks , and promote them to drive traffic to your site.
67. Optimize the content of your site with keywords often used by your audience.68. Download an SEO plugin on your blog like WordPress SEO by Yoast, or All In One SEO Pack .69. When you create your own website and start creating content, think not only about search engines, but think about your readers and visitors.70.
Once your site / blog is created, you can submit your site to Google here .71. You can submit your site to Bing here .72. You can submit your sitemap to Google here .
73. To learn more about Google’s guidelines and guidelines click here .74. If you have not installed WordPress SEO, download the Google XML Sitemapsplugin to generate a sitemap so that search engines can better index your pages.75. Try to see if you have friends or acquaintances who could help you by creating back links to your website.76.
Increase the number of quality websites that have links pointing to your site to be better ranked in searches.77. Focus your efforts by creating links through quality websites because they are better ranked.78. Ideally, make sure to have back links from the sites that are in your niches. They will count more because they will be more appropriate.79.
Do not try bizzare SEO tactics (like the black hat). The good SEO optimization on search engines can take a long time and try to ‘fool’ Google will only take you here. At the end of the day, organic traffic is the best.80. Make sure you check the setting part in your blog, so that your blog can be visible in the search engines.
81. You can add tags when you publish your articles. However, do not put too much (no more than 10). Website performance 82. Make sure you have a site that can load quickly.
A fast website allows to have more visitors, reduce the bounce rate, and allows to have SEO benefits.83. Use tools like Pingdom and GT Metrix to test the speed of your site.84.
Look for things that slow down your website and see how you can improve speed with Google PageSpeed Insights .85. Make sure you do not have too many widgets or plugins , just use the ones that are most useful for you, as some may slow down your site.86.
Use a free plugin like W3 Total Cache to improve the performance of your website.87. Make sure you have a clean , easy-to-use website. Sometimes some frills make browsing the website more difficult, although they can make it more beautiful. Most users prefer a smooth and easy experience when browsing a website.88. Do split tests to try different designs on your website, and look at the one that converts the best and generates more traffic. emails 89.
When you send emails to your mailing list, do not forget to include your latest articles and tell them to go over and share them.90. Test different types of emails to see which types of design or content generate the most traffic.91. Put a signature in your emails and make sure to include a link to your site, so that everyone can see it. Offline promotion92. On your business cards do not forget to put links to your website and links to your social network profiles.
93. Although the online network is great, networking outside the net is also a good thing. This can be very rewarding. Try to participate in networking events, or events in your field as often as you can, and swap your cards with people. Other tips94. Submit press releases when there is news about your field, or business.95. If you have a global audience, look for which countries report the most traffic.
96. Think of different ways to reach these people in different countries, and generate more traffic. For example, you can write an article for people living in other countries.97. Regularly check Google Analytics, or Clicky, to know the different sources of your traffic, and see how people react to your site.
98. Look for bloggers who might be interested in working with you, such as guest bogging, link exchanges, sponsored articles, product reviews etc. Create a good relationship with them.99.
Do not be afraid to request sharing of your articles, or exchange of links. You do not know if you will have a negative or positive answer, then you have nothing to lose by asking.100. Finally, do not expect to receive a ton of traffic overnight.
Be patient because SEO, social networking, and other methods take time to develop.