1. What are club drugs? What are some of the factors that support the usage of nine drugs? Club drugs are man-made drugs that are typically used in bars. cabarets. raves. and other assemblages. some factors that support the usage of these are the scene of raves and cabarets.
2. What are testing trials? Why are they used?
Screening trials are nonspecific and assist a forensic scientist place several peculiar drugs that the substance is likely to be. these trials are used to contract possibilities and extinguish others.
3. What are colour trials? Why are these trials used?
Color trials are trial that usage a chemical reagent to the drug and detecting whether or non the stuff alterations colour. these trials are used to demo the showing of drugs but non specifically.
4. What are microcrystalline trials? What information do they supply? Microcrystalline tests involve exposing the substance to a reagent and so analyzing the colour and morphology of the crystals that form. This trial can be done rapidly and the drug does non necessitate to be separated from any other substances that it is with.
5. What is spectrophotometry? How can this be utile in placing drugs? Spectrophotometry trials use UV visible radiations to separate drugs from one another. Because different drugs react otherwise to the UV visible radiation. it helps place them.
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Why are forensic scientists an of import portion of drug instances? Forensic scientists are an of import portion of drug instances because they help detect the drugs at the sight. and what drug it may be. utilizing multiple trials. If person possesses a drug forensics can turn out whether they in fact did possess drugs. They can besides prove to see in a individual is under the influence of a drug. 2. If you were a forensic scientist and you were called to a offense scene to see if drugs were present. what would you make to find this? I would foremost make a colour trial. and so a spectrophotometry trial. because all drugs have a different reaction to the UV visible radiation. 3. Why is it of import for forensic scientists to hold every bit much information as possible about the topographic point where a possible drug substance was found?