Assessment activity 1
1. Why is it necessary for employees to show. in all the work they undertake. an apprehension of the legal duties and duties of the work function? It is necessary for employees to show ; in all work they undertake an apprehension of the legal duties and duties of the work function to back up quality attention. By guaranting that employees understand the legal duties and duties applicable to the workplace it becomes possible to put criterions to which employees must adhere to. Cardinal Performance Indicators should be set and agreed upon with employees so that all workers are cognizant of the criterions expected to be performed.
As a consequence. employees should be able to show in all work they undertake. an apprehension of the legal duties and duties relevant to the administration and to their single work functions. 2. What are some of the countries. in community service administrations. on which statute law. ordinances and legislative acts might impact? Community service administrations and their employees will necessitate to follow with statute law. ordinances and statutory demands relevant to The bar of favoritism
Privacy ( national privateness statute law and rules )
Equal Employment Opportunity ( EEO )
Freedom of information
Access and equality
Work wellness and safety
Early on childhood instruction and attention
3. For what grounds are Torahs. ordinances and legislative acts of import? Laws. ordinance and statues are of import because they provide employees with inside informations information sing company processs and how they contribute to legislative conformity. It besides promotes a workplace civilization in which conformity with statute law is a high precedence. It provides staff with immediate information about alterations to statute law and how the alterations consequence at that place work. It provides a forum for employees to inquire inquiries about statute law. ordinances and statutory demands and besides offers chances to discourse legislative demands and conformity procedures.
Assessment Activity 2
1. Summarize what you consider responsibility of attention to imply.
A responsibility of attention ( in Tort Law ) is a legal duty imposed on an single requiring that they abide to a criterion of sensible attention while executing any Acts of the Apostless that could harm others. This means that a individual moving in a lovingness function has a legal duty to move in ways that protect client and that prevent foreseeable injury. It besides implies a legal duty to hold thought or see for those who might be affected by 1s Acts of the Apostless or skips. In forefilling responsibility of attention duties. hence. community service workers must cognize what their responsibility of attention entails and must take stairss to supply a sensible criterion of attention and to guarantee that through their work pattern injury to others does non happen.
2. Greg worked in an out of school hours attention Centre. One afternoon he brought in some Cadmiums and set one on for Alice and Amanda to listen to. They were in the gym because Greg was besides watching over some older kids playing badminton. Alice and Amanda got up and began dancing about energetically. They hopped. skipped. and bounced around with great joy. Suddenly Amanda fell over. The gym floor was slippery and the misss had taken off their places but non their leotardss. Was there a breach of responsibility of attention? Explain.
Greg didn’t have a breach of responsibility as attention. Although he provided the misss with music to listen to ( non to dance to ) he was non oversing them near plenty to detect they had got up and began to dance. Although he was watching the game of badminton he should hold kept an oculus on the misss on a regular basis as they are besides under his responsibility of attention. He should hold noticed them dancing energetically but all of his focal point was on the badminton game. Although he told the misss to listen to the music and did non let them to dance the misss are under his attention and he should hold besides supervised them closely.
Assessment Activity 3
How can you measure your ain accomplishments and why should you make so? Anyone can measure their ain accomplishments by many of the undermentioned ways. Asking for positive and negative feedback from colleagues and supervisors to better and besides motivate and strive to better. Employees must cognize what is expected from them including their functions. duties. lines of authorization and coverage processs. By inquiring colleagues. supervisors or stamp appropriate inquiries it allows you to larn more and experience confident without running any hazards. Besides many resources should be provided in the kid attention environment to assist measure your accomplishments. It is of import to measure your accomplishments so that as an employee your public presentation is to a high criterion for the administration. It besides allows employees to cognize what is expected and to place any public presentation jobs. Measuring your accomplishments helps to maintain the employees organised and confident.
Assessment Activity 4
1. What information is usually stored in client files and what is it used for? Client informations such as instance appraisals. past history. personal informations. household inside informations. medical notes. psychological and therapeutical appraisals. recreational and leisure penchants. etc should be recorded in client files. These client files are used for appropriate authorized staff merely. This information is merely collected when it is straight relevant to the intervention. service or instance direction being offered. 2. What statute law and regulative demands need to be complied with when roll uping client information? When roll uping client information there are regulative and statute law demands that need to be complied. Privacy and confidentiality is dictated by jurisprudence and must merely be discussed within the installation by suitably authorized staff. When the clients records are recorded each administration will hold their ain method of hive awaying client files but there are besides a figure of Acts. ordinances. administrative handbills and resources to wellness information. These specify that:
Agencies can merely roll up personal information for a lawful intent that is straight related to their maps. if roll uping the information is necessary for or straight related to that intent. If an bureau asks people for personal information about themselves. it must state the individual or their authorized representative why it is roll uping the information. whether it has legal authorization to roll up the information. how and by whom the information will be used. An bureau must take sensible attention to look into that personal information is accurate. up to day of the month and complete before utilizing it
The bureau must make its best to do certain that the information is relevant to the agency’s ground for roll uping it. up to day of the month. of high quality. complete and protected from unauthorized entree. A individual whose information is held by a authorities or a private bureau has a right to anticipate the bureau will keep it firmly and will guarantee that entree to the information is permitted merely for legitimate intents. The person concerned shall be entitled to hold entree to their records. under the rules of entree dictated by the Freedom of Information Act 1982. An bureau must non utilize personal information for any intent other than that for which it obtained the information
Assessment activity 5
Why is it necessary to seek the understanding of the client prior to supplying services? Every client has their rights and it is necessary to be cognizant of and protect the clients rights. Clients for case have the right to the undermentioned: Deciding whether or non to undergo medical intervention after having an account of what is involved and any associated hazards Be treated with sensible attention and accomplishment. by suitably qualified forces Confidentiality of information about medical conditions and intervention Receive gracious and respectful service. with no mental. physical or fiscal maltreatment Receive services that respect their self-respect and privateness promotes their liberty.
Receive services from a supplier who recognises their individualism. is sensitive to and responds to their demands and penchants. including those based on cultural. religious. lingual. familial and cultural factors Suitable information about the organisation/s supplying the services Work with the service supplier in developing a program of service. and to take part in the reappraisal and rating or alteration of their service program Raise concerns or urge alterations in connexion with the community services provided or in connexion with policies and determinations that affect client involvements without fright of intervention. coercion. favoritism or reprisal Be informed of the Torahs. regulations and policies impacting the operation of the service with which they are interacting Confidentiality of records and personal information
Assessment activity 6
1. Pull on the text and your ain experience to explicate the ways in which organizational policies and processs can help with the proviso of services A policy is a high degree. overall program encompassing the general ends and outlooks of an establishment or administration. These policies assist with the proviso of services as they are a statement that guides behavior and sets general parametric quantities related to how the concern will be conducted and to what is expected of employees. For illustration – at my work a kid developed manus. pes and oral cavity and we didn’t cognize the incubation period. We checked the policy and it told us precisely how long. what it will look like when it isn’t contagious and we will necessitate a medical clearance from the physician. We were able to mention to the policy to rede and inform the parents on this information.
Procedures are the documented instructions on how policies should be practically applied. These processs assist with the proviso of services as it involves staff rolls. pull offing crisis state of affairss. pull offing workplace plans and timetable direction systems. get bying with exigencies. carry oning team meetings. administrative systems of the workplace including filing and record maintaining. and staff security and safety processs for reacting to physical force. For illustration. at my work we have the crisp processs on the wall above the crisp alteration country. This reminds all workers and particularly casuals of our outlooks and processs of altering each child’s diapers.
2. Why is it necessary that employees perform work harmonizing to the policies. processs and protocols of the administration for which they work? Policies. protocols and processs include guidelines and patterns developed to turn to legal. ethical and regulative demands. Each administration has written policy and staff need to cognize how to entree and construe this certification and why it is necessary to follow with the different policies and processs.
A policy is seen as a guideline instead than a regulation and staff must follow to these for the safety and well-being of the kids and grownups. It is necessary that employees know what is expected of them and must systematically act in a mode that supports the administrations policies. protocols and processs. Following these policies. protocols and processs besides ensures a consistent high degree of service to all clients. This will lend to the administrations repute and credibleness. Clients will cognize what to anticipate from the service and will be able to interact on the appropriate degrees.
Assessment activity 7
1. What are some utile inquiries that might be asked when reexamining and measuring bing organizational policies. processs and protocols? Some utile inquiries that might be asked when reexamining and measuring bing organizational policies. processs and protocols include What is the purpose and intent of the policy. process or protocol? What is it trying to turn to ( eg better safety. do staff cognizant of needed service criterions ) ? How is its current effectivity measured?
How current is the bing policy on which processs and protocols are based? How relevant are the policies. processs and protocols to issues being faced by the administration. its clients. staff and/or administration? Are at that place clear and direct links between the policies and operational processs? Have organizational policies been disseminated to all staff? When policies were foremost written. what research was carried out and are the findings still available? What current research or best pattern information might improve/ alteration or impact on the policy content and application and on the associated development of processs and protocols?
2. For what grounds is it necessary to sporadically measure and measure policies? It is necessary to sporadically measure and measure policies to find whether they are being adhered to and whether they continue to be relevant to the administration and its clients. Where policies are no longer relevant. outdated or non used so they might necessitate alteration. Besides due to altering conditions it can be necessary to implement new policies and processs. 3. Why should staff be involved in reappraisals and contribute to the development of new policies. processs and protocols? Employee’s should besides lend and affect themselves to any policies and processs that they think are necessary. Each of their sentiments should be contributed to the development of reexamining policies. processs and protocols. Each employee’s voice and penetration should be heard and respected.
Assessment activity 8
1. What information enables employees to work within their place specifications. function duties and range of pattern? The peculiar occupation specifications for each employee outlined in wide footings. ( enables employees to work within their place specifications. function duties and range of practise ) the employees function. undertakings and relationships with others in the administration. It besides outlines the employees duties and duties. required skilled degrees. cognition demands. degree of authorization and determination devising outlooks.
3. How can you clear up your occupation function. range and duties? You must cognize what your function is and how you are expected to execute alongside the public presentation criterions. You must understand what boundaries apply to your function and others so that you can lend to the administration and execute the work you are expected to make harmonizing to your place specifications and function duties. Whilst some of the administrations outlooks will be outlined in the occupation specifications or will be clarified as a consequence of supervisor instructions. the workplace civilization will find the non-written. informal outlooks of the workplace. Other outlooks will be clarified by directors and supervisors who provide developing. information. instructions and support.
3. What should you make if you are in a state of affairs where the necessary actions are beyond your range of duty? Employees must hold a clear apprehension of the boundaries where they work. Boundaries. degrees of authorization and duties will change harmonizing to the occupation type but legal restraints will besides impact on what staff can and can non make. If you are in a state of affairs where the necessary actions are beyond your range of duty it is best to speak to a supervisor or director as it is non your duty to cover with that state of affairs lawfully with respects to clients. the administration and stakeholders.
Assessment Activity 9
1. If you do non understand the undertaking instructions you are given. what action should you take? When you do non understand the undertaking instructions given you should seek aid and elucidation of ill-defined instructions in order to understand and execute undertakings right. It is besides convenient to do notes during any preparation so you can trust on yourself and non ever others to execute these undertakings.
2. You are a new alumnus. late been employed in a community Centre. You have been asked to develop the following hebdomads leisure plan for the occupants in the installation. You have seen old plans but would wish to seek out some new thoughts. You are non certain if the plan you have worked out is suited. or whether it fits within budgetary restraints. Who would you inquire and why? If I were in this state of affairs I would inquire my wise man in the installation ( frequently boss ) as they are cognizant of the modus operandis within the topographic point and the past leisure plans which have been successful and which haven’t.
This wise man will be able to supply you with information to see if the budgetary restraints are available and right and they will state you if it is suited. They will supply you with information of what will work good and what they think you could alter. 3. Why is it of import to seek elucidation of ill-defined instructions or of instructions that you do non understand? It is highly of import to seek elucidation of ill-defined instructions or of instructions that are non understood as they can take to unsafe or dearly-won errors. Never make premises in a state of affairs that you are even the slightest unaware of as it can ensue perilously.
Assessment activity 10
1. Explain what is meant by equity and entree
Community support workers must follow a non-discriminatory attack to care proviso. They must back up the rules of equity. entree and societal justness. This acts to back up the rights on the client when presenting services to them. Equity rules acknowledge there are groups of people who have different demands due to the properties they were born with or hold acquired and which can non be changed. Equity statute law ensured that no group is disadvantaged ( or advantaged ) at the cost of another. This besides means that people should besides hold entree to quality attention suited to their single demands. This might imply supplying extra aid to some people to run into demands. The quality must be high in both equity and entree. 2. How can community service workers protect the rights of clients?
Community service workers protect the rights of clients by following a non-discriminatory attack to care proviso. They must non know apart clients by their age. race. gender. cultural or cultural background. faith. sexual penchant. physical of rational disablement. medical status. political beliefs. matrimonial position. household fortunes or duties and economic state of affairs. The protection and saving of these rights should be integrated into organizational policies and processs. Clients are entitled to see a quality of attention that respects their alone properties and caters to their single demands in a mode that is free from bias and torment.
Assessment Activity 11
What actions might a community service worker take if they believe that struggle of involvement exists? This might impact them straight or it might affect other staff members. Employees can be exposed to viing value systems and to thoughts and outlooks that are so dissimilar from their ain that they are diffident of how to respond and they may besides be confronted with state of affairss which comprise a struggle of involvement. If a community service worker believe that struggle of involvement exists they must reach your foreman instantly to halt the state of affairs from intensifying. Avoid any informal treatments about it that might act upon others on the affair. If you are happening it hard seek legal advice if you feel it Is impossible to decide this struggle.
Assessment Activity 12
1. What are some of the differences you might come across when interacting with clients. clients. co-workers and workmates in a community service administration? In a community service administration you can come across many differences between people. their civilizations and their values which can enrich and heighten all of our lives. Some differences include cognition. involvements. imposts. cultural nutrient. art works. retail merchandises and imposts they can integrate into their lives. It is necessary to accept everyone’s differences and understand and comply with the statute law that has been put into topographic point to back up equity. equity. societal justness and non-discriminatory practise regardless of personal values. beliefs. attitudes and civilization. This diverseness can lend to everyone’s lives. doing it exciting. richer. Fuller and a batch more interesting. 2. Explain what the term civilization means to you.
Culture to me means the quality of a peculiar group of people who have different behavior forms defined by their linguistic communication. cognition. experience. faith. beliefs. values. attitudes. music and humanistic disciplines. It is a group of people who have a different manner of life to another group of people. These communities and civilizations make everyone who they are and extend on the universe involvements. 3. Why is it so of import to recognize and understand the difference between people and their civilizations? It is of import to recognize and understand the difference between people and their civilizations because the manner we look at state of affairss is coloured by the experience we have had. We view state of affairss through our cultural filters but our position is by and large subconscious so we are non cognizant of the ways in which our perceptual experiences and reactions are influenced.
In the community service industry it is necessary to be cognizant that clients will come from a broad assortment of backgrounds and as workers we need to supply services that meet the cultural and discriminatory demands of clients to forbear from doing premises. based on their ain perceptual experiences. about client’s demands and penchants. They need to understand that the things they consider to be necessary or right might non be considered so by others. When supplying these services it is hence necessary that employees do non do premises and they make allowance for the fact that two opposite perceptual experiences can be. 4. List and briefly describe three schemes that an administration might follow to guarantee that the cultural and diverse demands of a client/ client are met.
To guarantee that services are available to all clients irrespective of personal values. beliefs. attitudes and civilization community services and their employees must: Respect peoples differences and their rights to make things otherwise. Imagine your ain feelings when others do non esteem the values which are critical in your ain life. Even if in your civilization a certain manner of behavior is frowned upon it might be acceptable in another state. Respect that different civilizations have nutrient demands due to spiritual grounds. Supply them with alternate nutrients when there is a repast they can non hold. Recognize that ethnicity and civilization may hold an impact on a client’s behavior. Assist clients to go cognizant of their ain cultural values and allow them cognize we respect that. Let them to integrate their beliefs and jubilations to the society. every bit good as within the administration.
Assessment activity 13
1. Why do you believe community service administrations should hold policies and outlooks sing professional boundaries. the credence of gifts and ethical interactions with clients? Ethical motives might be defined as philosophical ideals and behaviors that are in understanding with recognized rules for right behavior. These rules. regulations and outlooks are determined and agreed upon by the society and communities in which people live. I believe at that place need to be policies and outlooks sing professional boundaries as employees must retrieve their relationship with their clients are proper and that these boundaries are non crossed. Clients and carers can construct strong relationships with one another but the service provided to the clients must stay crystalline and professional at all times. Clients can construct a strong bond with their carers ( more personal than professional ) which can set an incognizant carer into a vulnerable place.
These ethical criterions must besides be complied with and remain professional. Acceptance of gifts is frequently non allowed in authorities administrations due to the rightness of the gifts. Clients can besides pull strings staff by giving nowadayss. All of these policies are an act to protect workers and their clients from non being taken advantage of and for their ain protection. 2. What actions should staff take if they believe that another individual is moving unethically or if they are confronted with an ethical quandary that affects themselves? If you are in this place it is best to describe the state of affairs to avoid any farther injury.
Each employee should be competent to manage possible and existent jobs to the degree of their duty and within the service guidelines and processs. Where the difference is outside the range of the employee it should be farther noticed to an authorized individual to manage the affair. The service will hold processs designed to guarantee that ethical issues can be resolved fast and expeditiously and to guarantee a declaration. Disputes should be resolved in a affair which is professional and within the standard demands of the administration and any legislative demands.
Assessment Activity 14
1. Why should client-related affairs merely be discussed within the confines on the installation? Client related affairs should merely be discussed within the confines of the installation and authorized people within the endeavor. Each administration has specific guidelines for employees to follow sing revelation and confidentiality. Personal and sensitive information about a instance or revelations made by a client to the individual supervising their attention should stay confidential unless there is a legal demand for this revelation – self injury.
2. How can staff in community service administrations guarantee that client information is protected? Staff in community service administrations can guarantee that client information is protected by holding to their administrations guidelines and staying confidential. Staff must be cognizant that information must merely be discussed in ways or topographic points where the treatment can be overheard by unauthorized people. All client information that is collected must be documented. recorded and stored safely within the premises. To guarantee all information is suitably protected. staff can show effectual application of guidelines and legal demands associating to revelation and confidentiality.
Assessment activity 15
1. How can you promote clients or their advocators to convey issues or concerns out into the unfastened – to place and show their concerns?
Clients or their advocators might hold ailments or grudges that need to be heard and followed up in order for them to non experience this manner. To back up the clients it will be necessary to assist place the existent concerns or issues. Once these have been identified they can be decently expressed. Question the client utilizing unfastened. closed and examining inquiries. Paraphrase or reiterate back to the client the information you receive. This enables you and the client to hold on the significance of the concerns. Evaluate any results ensuing from your action. and make up one’s mind. with your client. if farther action is required.
2. Why is it necessary to make this?
It is necessary to convey these issues or concerns out into the unfastened so there is no dissension or feeling of concern with these clients or advocators. The community service workers function involves helping and back uping the client and/or advocate so they can place and show any concerns they might hold. By helping the client to place and joint their concerns. the employee and the administration are in a place to guarantee that client’s demands are met.
Assessment activity 16
1. What procedures might be used to mention a client to an protagonism service? The term advocator is frequently applied in a legal sense to plead the instance for a suspect and is another name for legal advocate in some civilizations. Often an advocator will move on behalf of disadvantaged or disenfranchised groups whose rights need to be upheld. If you feel that protagonism might profit a client it is necessary to explicate to the client what is involved in the representation by an advocator and why it might be good. Before doing a referral the client must be consulted and hold to be represented.
If that individual is unable to give consent a duly authorized guardian/ household member might be called to give upon consent. Staff can so choose suited protagonism contacts for the client and can offer to reach them on the client’s behalf. The staff member doing the referral might offer to go to the introductory meeting in order to back up the client and do them experience more comfy. The client must be to the full informed about procedures and possible results.
2. Why might this be necessary?
It is necessary to travel through these processs to obtain informed consent from an single client and protect the client’s rights through legal services. If for case. a client has a physical or rational disablement that impedes on their communicating it affects comprehension you must make everything possible to do certain the client truly has given informed consent.
Assessment activity 17
Describe the stairss that might be followed to help a client in utilizing the internal ailment direction procedure When covering with ailments it is necessary to stay unagitated and non respond defensively. Be polite. handle the client and their ailment with regard and demonstrate willingness to negociate a solution. Document the conversation. shop and file it so they are available when needed. Empathise with the client and seek to see the issue from their point of position. This doesn’t mean you accept fault but you are willing to help the client.
Give the client a clip frame and deliver replies to your inquiries. Listen carefully to what they tell you Check to guarantee that you and the client hold on what the ailment is intended to turn to. Make certain the clients know that the information they unwrap will be respected and that their confidentiality will be remained if appropriate. Ask the client what outcome declaration they are anticipating and supply information to the client about the most effectual declaration procedure. If you are unable to manage the ailment or do declaration determinations so it is necessary to intensify to an authorized individual who can pull off the state of affairs. Follow up on the ailment to guarantee that te client has been given sufficient information and is satisfied
Assessment activity 18
1. What are some of the marks with fiscal. physical. emotional. sexual maltreatment and disregard?
Fiscal – sudden inability to pay measures. unusual or unexplained backdowns or transportation of financess between bank histories. loans made by the client but non repaid by the borrower. coercion to do investings Physical – unexplained accidents or hurts. bruising. Burnss. bite Markss. scratchs. rope Burnss or breaks. Emotional – marks of fright and anxiousness. apathy. surrender. depression. backdown and turning away of oculus contact Sexual maltreatment – psychological and emotional hurt symptoms Neglect – malnutrition. undernourishment. desiccation. hapless hygiene or tegument attention. soiled vesture. and in the instance of the aged or people with a disablement a deficiency of AIDSs like dental plates. spectacless. walking frame or stick.
2. What should community service employees do if they observe such marks?
Any suspected or ascertained marks of possible injury to a client or a individual associated with the client must be taken earnestly and reported instantly. Reports should besides be made if a individual has intuitions or observations that lead to a sensible belief that a individual intends self-harm or self-destruction. All studies should be clearly indicated and so documented and filed safely in instance of any farther probes. All information sing maltreatment or disregard should be passed onto the people or authorized organic structures to take action to rectify them. Reports could hence be made. depending on the type of disregard or maltreatment. to a supervisor. director. the constabulary or other authorized individuals.
Assessment activity 19
1. What are some of the cultural differences that might impact on communicating procedures?
Cultural differences such as linguistic communication used and the signifiers of linguistic communication used. spiritual associations. patterns and beliefs. religious demands. instruction. work moralss. nutrient picks. penchants and tabu. vacation and spiritual observations. household imposts and holiday jubilations can impact on communicating procedures. It can impact communicating through verbal or written and besides the organic structure linguistic communication gestures and para-language that people use. When pass oning with people from other civilizations you have to be cognizant of talking to fast or decelerate. utilizing slang words. low or high volume. non listening actively. non inquiring inquiries. utilizing inappropriate organic structure linguistic communication and gestures and/or inappropriate temper. These could go violative to people from other civilizations.
2. What are some of the schemes that might be used to get the better of verbal communicating troubles in the workplace?
It is necessary to larn about different civilizations from which your clients come from and to larn about some of the foibles associated with them. Some schemes to assist when pass oning with people from another civilization is to be patient speak clearly but do non shout. Repeat yourself. speak easy. usage signage. gestures. draw diagrams or images etc. Use appropriate organic structure linguistic communication. para-language. gestures and facial look will besides help the communicating procedure and overcome communicating troubles.
3. Why might a professional translator be used?
Interpreters are used because they are professionally trained to understand the clients state of affairs and understand both the verbal and non-verbal communicating involved. An nonsubjective translator will guarantee that accurate communicating occurs while cultural sensitivenesss and confidentiality are taken into history. In clip of crisis or in traumatic or emotionally charged state of affairss. second-language competence can diminish dramatically. Bing able to pass on in their first linguistic communication can do clients experience much more secure and comfy and qualified translators are bound by rigorous codification of moralss. hence. they practise nonpartisanship and their behavior is professional.
4. How should community service employees recognise and respond to religious diverseness?
Community service employees should recognize and react to spiritual diverseness as spiritually it can be an of import forecaster of the quality of life of persons having these services. Supplying for religious support and doing them allowance for clients to pattern their faith is hence. a duty of the administration. The service needs to find whether a client embraces some signifier of spiritualty and the ways in which they pattern this. Simply inquiring clients which religion they belong to is non an equal agencies or finding religious demands. Obtaining a comprehensive history that addresses these issues during the appraisal will be necessary. Family and other important people could besides be consulted sing their perceptual experience of the client’s religious demands. Clients might hold to help in jointing the things that are of import to them personally. Religious advice and support for some clients can be really apprehended.